Monday, December 19, 2011

A Few Jack-isms

It seems that Jack's vocabulary and speech patterns erupted overnight.  He went from putting a few words together to speaking in paragraphs, seemingly overnight.

It's amazing how articulate and well spoken he is as a 2 1/2 year old (and that's not just me saying that as his mom - strangers stop us at the store to comment on his verbal skills.)

However, he does have a few mispronunciations and funny names for things - that I don't want to forget.  So indulge me for a moment:

1.  Volcanoes.  He can say the word properly, don't get me wrong, there is no doubt he's requesting 'volcanoes' when he asks for one.  But why in the world would a 2 1/2 year old want a volcano you ask?  Thankfully Anna can interpret.  'That's a Hershey's kiss mommy.'  Oh.  Good to know.  And that makes perfect sense now that I know why he's asking for a volcano.  For dessert.

2.  Honey Nut Cracker.  Jack's name for the 'Nutcracker.'

I know there are more - but these are the two I want to record.  For now.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment