Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An Afternoon Off

About a week before the grants were due, Deonne suggested I take an afternoon off.  I needed that.  So we packed up the kids and headed to EdVenture - the local childrens museum where the Columbia chapter of the American Institute of Architects was conducting their gingerbread building contest.

 Curious James asked the architects a gazillion questions.  Most happily obliged.  Some didn't know how to handle a four year old who has a follow on question for every answer he received.



It was fun to see him trying to figure out what the architects were building - and why.


Anna zeroed in on her favorite one - and refused to budge - wanting to watch the finishing touches on the structure go into place.

Jack just wanted to eat the 'nem-and-nems' - and had his feelings hurt that he couldn't help himself to the bowls of candy - asking 'why no snack daddy?'

After that we headed to the Riverwalk on the West Columbia side of the river.

It was a lovely late afternoon.

And gave me a chance to play around with the settings on my camera in natural light...

...that I clearly didn't have right.



But it was a nice afternoon - good to get out of my office - to stretch my legs, breathe fresh air, and see my children for more than a few fleeting moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment