Friday, April 30, 2010

"I Feel Like A Grown Up"

The other night we took the kids out to eat - nothing special - just a typical crazy Tuesday night - one where time slipped away and my lack of menu planning for the week resulted in no food ready to cook in under 20-30 minutes.

We ended up at the Original Pancake House - a kids favorite - and a place we can actually get our kids to eat a decent meal at that does not entail french fries.

Anna had her usual - pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon. For some reason, for the first time ever - she wanted to be a big girl and cut her pancakes and eggs herself. She did great - and actually ate the entire pile of scrambled eggs - telling us the whole time "I Feel Like A Grown Up" because we had allowed her to use her knife. By herself.

Apparently this has stuck with her - because every now and then she brings it up.

Like this morning.

I'm currently out of town for work - and called in to check to see how things went at home this morning (poor Deonne has all three kids by himself - yeah - I owe him...)

Anna wanted to remind me -again - that she feels like a grown up - because she used a knife the other day. By. Herself.

A funny silly and probably boring memory to record - but one that for some reason - I don't want to forget in the day to day shuffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment