Friday, June 18, 2010

I Heart Higher Grounds

Higher Grounds is a quaint little Christian bookstore/coffee shop located downtown. Although it is located just steps (literally) from my office, it took signing up for my "Mommy Class" to actually enter it. It is here that I purchased the book and study guide we're using for class:



And while the bookstore had a lot of good books of all sorts - spiritual devotionals, children's books, an assortment of bibles, and a nice selection of gifts, I was drawn to something else.

The coffee bar.

And smoothie bar.

And home-made lunches.

As a person who works downtown - I've tired of the usual lunch-fare on the days I either forget to bring lunch (or more likely didn't cook the night before and had no left-overs to bring. Read: Why I need to take the class...) It's the same 'ol same 'ol stuff - week after week - and although I'd seen the signs that Higher Grounds served lunch and drinks, I never gave it much thought.

Boy, was I wrong.

I keep trying to come up with reasons I need to walk in their direction - for the smoothies alone.

My colleague and I have been there three times - Three Times - in the past five work days.

I think I may just hear another strawberry-lemonade smoothie calling my name. Right now.

And the best part? The prices are unbelievable - and way cheaper than any of the downtown lunch spots we've been frequenting.

The only down side - the horrible brain-burn I inevitably give myself every time I get one of those frozen treats - because I can't contain myself and start slurping them down immediately.

Not very lady-like, I know, but they are oh, so good.

And I think I can handle a little brain-burn now and then - for such a yummy treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment