Friday, March 12, 2010

Polar Opposites

I found this note in Anna's parent/teacher communication folder when I went through it last night. You'd have to understand all of the struggles we've had with her lately (I say lately - more like since birth - but really bad in the last few weeks) to fully understand just how proud of her I am.





She's working so hard - trying to hard so do the right thing, control her emotions, make the right choices.


My heart was filled with joy.


Alternatively, when I looked through James' parent/teacher communication folder that is kept at school - I found a different note.


The polar opposite.


(James' folder stays at school - so I didn't get to take an actual picture of the message inside.) Basically, it was this:


Someone is having a hard time finding his listening ears. Someone is having a hard time following directions. Someone spent the better part of the day in a center by himself or was stuck reading books because he repeatedly disobeyed his teachers.

*Sigh.*

Where oh where did my sweet little boy go. Oh, that's right - we've entered the stage of the terrible threes - which I've come to fully appreciate are the new twos....

No comments:

Post a Comment