Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for two out of the three Long children. Anna started the Pre-K program at the Children's Center - and couldn't have been more excited! She actually woke herself up this morning with no prompting from mom and dad - ecstatic to be starting Mr. Kevin's class.

She couldn't wait to put on her new PINK backpack and head to school!



It was also Jack's first day at school. Which was unbelievable hard for mommy. I know he's in a loving and safe environment - in the care of Ms. Rebecca - who is like a grandmother to Anna and James - but still, it's so hard to leave your little one and walk out the door.

I cried the whole way to work - but thankfully have been pretty busy this morning, unpacking my work things from home, sorting through piles of mail, organizing my desk so I'm starting with a clean slate, and making lists of what project to tackle first.

I've only cried once since I've been here (okay, maybe twice... or three times...) And now I'm off to call and check in on him (I can't believe I've held off this long!)

Oh, and in case you were wondering about James - he had his big transition to the 2's room back in May - so it wasn't a 'special' Monday for him. So no, he's not forgotten the forgotten second child ala Brady-bunch-Jan - he just didn't have a milestone to capture this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment