Friday, July 1, 2011

FINALLY!!!



Photo taken from City of Columbia Facebook Wall Photo
 
Look what sweet little somewhat-behind-the-times Columbia is getting!!! 

A WHOLE FOODS MARKET!!!

I know.  A new grocery store as a blogging topic?  Really?

REALLY!

This is exciting news for so many reasons - new development and revitalization (new jobs + increased tax base + re-using existing infrastructure)  to help the area - yeah, I'll take my brownfields hat off now...

And another option for grocery shopping, beyond the familiar walls of the Social Pig (Piggly Wiggly) and Publix that I frequent, and the occasional trip to the Gamecok Bi-Lo.

I'm thrilled.  Big news.  Exciting news.  And as my good friend Ash pointed out - with all of the recent new developments in Cola-town - (Mast General Store recently opened on Main Street), it's anyone's guess what is next to come.

Hint:  We'd REALLY like a Trader Joes.  Or a Costco.  Pretty please?  With a cherry on top?

No comments:

Post a Comment