Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Want To Be A Dentist



Who can forget this lovable character from the classic Rankin and Bass holiday special "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?"  A displaced little elf who has no desire to pursue his seemingly genetic duty of Toymaker.  Because he wants to be a Dentist.

Hermey has been on my mind a lot the past few days.  Apparently we have a Dentist in the making.

James has decided he wants to be a Dentist when he grows up.  Which is kind of funny considering he is terrified of actually going to the dentist.  He does like to constantly stick his fingers in his mouth, though, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Whatever the reason, this is his vocation of choice (this week.)  We'll see how long it lasts.

Especially after his routine dental check-up and cleaning scheduled a few weeks from now.  I'll be sure to keep you posted.

But for now I can't get the image of my silly child - elf hat and pliers a'la Hermey - working as a dentist.

I'm giggling as I type this.

No comments:

Post a Comment