Monday, November 23, 2009

Charlie Brown?

I turned on "It's a Great Thanksgiving Charlie Brown" for the kids to watch when we got home from school today - so I could have a few minutes of hopeful peace to get dinner started. Okay, so I turned it on for James and Jack - Anna had been banished to her room for misbehaving and backtalking - again.

About half way through it James comes streaking through the kitchen from the den, en route to the bathroom screaming "I gotta go potty!"

"Go!" I tell him.

I didn't realize how long he'd been in the bathroom - until he'd been in there for a while. I was distracted by dinner, making sure my risotto didn't dry out and stick to the bottom of the pot.

I turned around to see him walking out of the bathroom with a grin on his face. He was dripping wet at the top of his head - with water falling down his face - and his sleeves were wet from wrist to above the elbow.

I didn't say anything - just looked at him with a quizzical look.

He grinned, patted his head, the top of which started to curl up from the loads of water he'd apparently splashed on it and said "I wet Mommy - I look like Charlie Brown!"

And I suppose he did - once I stopped to look at him - with the big curl on the front - he did look a bit like the famous boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment