Friday, September 25, 2009

A But By Any Other Name...

Anna has become quite the arguer (image that.) Every time I catch her doing something naughty and tell her to stop, or ask her to quit bothering her brother, or to help me do something around the house - I get a "but mo-om..."

Last night it became a lot of 'but's'.

"But Mom - James was doing it first." (Yes, and he already got sent to Time Out for not listening when I asked him to stop the same activity.)

"But Mom - I already washed my hands for dinner." (Not really kid, that was about 2 hours ago at school - but nice try.)

"But Mom - I don't like picking up." (And I do???)

Finally, I'd had enough.

I told her "No more but's. I don't want to hear that word but come out of your mouth. For the rest of the night the word 'but' doesn't exist in this house."

Anna looks over her shoulder as she's rounding the corner to the hall, and with a smirk on her face says "unless you're talking about this" and points to her rear end.

How do I come up with a retort for that?

1 comment:

  1. They might be little, but they are clever, aren't they? :)
    K.

    ReplyDelete