Sunday, December 6, 2009

We're Leaving, On a Jet Plane!

And mommy is already anticipating the need for valium...

Yep, we're heading West for Christmas this year - all five of us - on an airplane - for five hours. (My apologies now for any fellow passengers stuck seated by us for the trek...)

Actually, I'm so excited to see my mom and stepdad that I can't stand myself. I haven't seen them in a year and a half (about the time I got pregnant with Jack until now.) We leave December 19 and get to stay a whole 10 days, returning to Columbia on the 28th.

Anna and I have been planning all the things we want to do with Nonna upon our arrival, from making gingerbread houses to baking cookies to decorating the Christmas tree, to wrapping presents.

James is just excited to get to go on an airplane. He was only 6 months old the last time he flew out - so he has no recollection. But he LOVES airplanes (he is his Daddy's son) and can't wait to get on the 'big plane in the sky!' God help us he'll be able to sit still and watch movies or read books or color (or maybe even nap). If not, our busy little boy who loves to run and jump and squeal may be invited to depart the plane a little early via a parachute. (just kidding... I think...)

It will be a magical Christmas together - and I'm THRILLED that we get to spend it with my family for the first time in ages.

Any of you west-coasters that are reading this - I'd love to see you - we'll be in the Seattle area - so if at all possible, let's try to meet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment