Saturday, April 30, 2011

The 2011 Egg Dyeing Adventure

I'm sort of working backwards to get caught up on the blog.  This is what happens when I take forever to download pictures from the camera and get some posts up.  I wish I was a more organized person/blogger to get these up in a timely manner.  Maybe in my next life...

So we dyed Easter eggs the Wednesday before Easter.  It was a super busy week with getting ready for Jack's party, getting ready for Easter, and attending Holy Week services - but we managed to get the activity in on Wednesday.

Note to self:  with three kids and two parents dyeing eggs - 12 was not enough.  Regardless of if I'll be able to stomach 14 egg salad sandwiches or 37 deviled eggs - we need to do more next year.

As you can see, Jack LOVED this activity.  We did have to closely monitor him though - as he thought it was particularly hysterical to drop/dunk his eggs in the dye for the full splash effect.


Anna patiently waited for her eggs to turn the proper color ... well, sort of patiently.

I don't know if I mentioned on the blog before now - but I'm taking a photography class taught by a local photographer.  It's great!  I'm finally using my camera beyond the 'auto' setting - albeit very slowly.  I'm still trying to figure out terms that up until now have been foreign to me like aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and focal length. 

Will I ever get a natural smile from this boy of mine again?



I'm still not brave enough to take my camera off 'auto' for the important shots - like Easter morning or birthday candles - but I'll get there.  Someday.  For now, I'm having fun playing with the settings and learning all about what this camera of mine can do - which is a LOT more than I've been letting it do for the last three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment