Friday, February 18, 2011

Snow Day Rewind

I pulled some pictures off the camera the other day and came across these.  In my sour mood about the record snowfall in Columbia in early January (due to the ridiculous number of days the schools were closed) I refused to act all happy about it and post pictures of our fun filled day in the snow.

But now, in retrospect, I need to put these on the blog.  If for no other reason then to easily show them to the kids in the years to come when there is no snow.

Trying out the sled for the very first time.  Up until now it's been collecting dust and cobwebs in the garage - waiting its turn to actually be used.

Who's the biggest kid in the family?  One guess who had the most fun in the snow and riding the sled...

I can't decide if that's joy or pure terror on Anna's face.  Probably a mixture of both ...

This sweet photo was taken about three seconds before James declared "Mommy!  I'm finished being cold!"  Maybe next winter we'll make the investment in waterproof clothes for snow play.  And of course, next year there won't be on flake... mark my words...

Playing with my camera... I have high hopes that one of the local photographers in town will open up a one-day Saturday class so I can actually use my fancy schmancy camera the right way and help it live up to its potential.

Yes, I do exist!  I just am always the one behind the camera - so I'm never in any of the pictures.  And yes, I am torturing Jack - who had recently fallen in the snow and just wanted to go inside - I made him stay out a few seconds longer to take a picture - mean mommy that I am.

Okay - I have to explain this one.  About Thursday (four days into the snow and four days of cabin fever) I had to get out of the house.  So I took the kids to the closest Piggly Wiggly grocery store - just to get out - and I think to get one ingredient for dinner that night.  The Pig has that box of junk by the register, 'toys' for kids to take home, 'prizes' for being good.  The glasses were James' selection.  And he wore them.  Every day.  Until he eventually lost them.  And when I say wore - I mean wore.  As soon as he got up in the morning - he put them on.  He wore them to school.  He wore them through naptime at school.  I'm kind of surprised he lost them - but am kind of glad he did - or else he might still be wearing them today....

No comments:

Post a Comment