Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Superheroes

When I was a little kid, I always slept well at night just knowing my mom was down the hall.  I knew that no matter what happened, mama would take care of it.

Now that I'm a mom of three, I tend to have a lot of angst.  I worry and fester over everything - wondering if I've done the right thing, made the right decision - from the basics to the complicated.  Nighttime is when it seems to peak.  Many a sleepless night has occurred due to this brain of mine that mulls and ponders and considers and never seems to slow down.

Turns out, I have no reason to worry.  I'm totally safe and protected.  I've got not one, not two, but three superheroes just across the hall, ready to step in at a moments notice to fend off any evil characters that might make their way into our home.

Take Spiderman for example.  His super strength and agility paired with his ability to cling to any surface and shoot webs from his wrists are sure to protect us from any evil-doers that should happen to cross his path.

Or Ironman.  This super-smart engineer is always prepared and ready to fight off any crime with his powered suit of armor.

Of course, there's always Batman.  This little guy is always ready to put on his bat costume to help the greater good, and will always be there to protect us from creepy villains such as the Joker and the Penguin.

So I can rest easy and sleep in peace at night, knowing that any of these superheroes is happily willing to ensure my safety.

Don't you wish you could be so lucky??

*All face paintings are the work of Sarah Dippity - Comedian and Face Painter Extraordinaire - the delight of all children in the greater Columbia area.  If you haven't met Sarah Dippity yet - you should.  She is a true gem, and all three of my children adore her - from her performances at birthday parties they have attended to their weekly visits at local restaurants - Sarah Dippity is something to be treasured!

No comments:

Post a Comment