Friday, October 5, 2012

Menu Planning: Week 1

I've realized that I must get myself organized in order to face the dinnertime rush with my children.  It's hard to run in the door at 5 or 5:30 and get dinner on the table - and even moreso when I'm not sure what I'm feeding them and have to scramble through the freezer or pantry to put something together.

I used to be pretty good at meal planning - and then the Great Move of 2012 began - and I was thrown off-kilter.  And my former method of scratching out recipes and shopping lists on random scraps of paper isn't working so well anymore - when I rush out of the office and forget the list - and wander around the grocery store with my ever helpful brood of children trying to remember what it was we were going to fix.

So - in an effort to keep the plan easily accessible - with recipes and ingredients close at hand (as long as I don't lose my phone) - I'm planning to keep record here.  Boring, I know, but necessary.  At least for now.

So without further ado - here is our week - starting tonight.  Now if I can just figure out how to get to the grocery store today to get ingredients ready - I'll be all set.

October 5 - October 12 (dinners)

Friday - Family Movie Night
Fruit (grapes + apples)
Popcorn

Saturday -
Fall salad (greens + apples + goat cheese + pecans)

Sunday -
Cornbread

Monday - 
Eat out - crazy kid activity day

Tuesday -

Wednesday -
Church dinner

Thursday -
Rice
Salad

Friday - Family Movie Night
(TBD)

1 comment:

  1. It would be great if you did this each week so I can just copy and paste it into my menu plan. Think you can have it done weekly by Thursday? That would be most convenient for my grocery shopping.
    Thanks!

    :)

    ReplyDelete